Old School Rap of the 1980s: Who were The Majestic M.C.'s?

My record collection is pretty eclectic.

Starting with mainstream rock and pop, it has expanded to include everything from Jazz and Funk to Krautrock and Psychedelia. The collection spans the 1950s to the present day, including recent releases by contemporary artists like The Seven Fields of Aphelion - on beautiful translucent white vinyl - and The Garment District.

Digging through a used bin of $2 EPs, I recently came across a vintage 12" by the Majestic M.C.'s from Brooklyn, NY. Ever heard of them? I hadn't and can't find anything about them online. Except that this 1985 release 'Cosmic Dove / Bite on the Duke' is really good, especially the Cosmic Dove side. It features Lady Magic and DJ Richie Rich and was recorded at Master Mix Recording Studios.

Finding this disk reminded me of how much I enjoyed watching the documentary about DJs Stretch and Bobbito (Radio That Changed Lives). Stretch's dad, Armand Bartos, was a friend of my dad's back in the 1990s NYC. I remember hearing about Stretch's radio show from my dad and tuning in occasionally.

http://stretchandbobbito.com/film

I need to find out more about The Majestic M.C's. They don't appear to have recorded any other tracks, but who knows. Do you?

Mid-80s Brooklyn was a special place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQmT2L3xB6k




Comments

Amelia Lily said…
wow really superb you had posted one nice information through this. Definitely it will be useful for many people. So please keep update like this.

Transportation Consulting Chennai
Civil Engineering Consultants
Office Interiors in Chennai
Rainwater Harvesting chennai